What is “sound recording in web videos”?

FAQ / What is “sound recording in web videos”?

To use an existing sound recording in a web video, both a mechanical license from the publisher and a master use license from the record company are required. Since web videos will involve the synchronization of music with images, these licenses should clearly grant synchronization rights. Performance licenses are also required for videos played on websites, which for the musical works are typically secured from ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC as blanket licenses. Note that for music videos, publishers typically permit the record companies to sublicense the underlying musical work, so in these cases, full permission to use music videos on a website may be secured directly from us. The good news is that Sugo Music Group provides a one-stop service for our label partners by managing all mandatory licenses and legal requirements on any global distributions of sound recording embodied in web videos!

Posted in: Technology & Delivery Methods

Get your Global Music Distribution Agreement here!